Thursday, June 13, 2013

Dress Shopping

Dress Shopping on Tuesday, June 11, 2013

On Tuesday after my doctor's appointment, Michelle (my sister), Tommy, Carter (my two nephews), and I went dress shopping.  Let me tell you, the boys were so EXCITED to go dress shopping with me.  NOT!!!  I do have to say that they were really good sports and waited quietly and patiently.

After consulting with everyone on Facebook,  I decided that I should check out Fancy Fanny's in Red Bank.  I didn't even realize it was out there but came highly recommended from several of my friends.

Fancy Fanny's did not disappoint!!  There were dresses, dresses, and more dresses to choose from.  I found a couple that I fell in love with but sadly they weren't my size.  I have waited a bit too long to get a special order dress and I just don't see me losing 10 or 15 pounds before next month.

Michelle was such a sweetie as she helped me in and out of dress after dress.  I was a little bothered by the size of the dresses I was having to try on.  In my mind I am still that skinny girl I was back in high school but in the mirror there is a different girl looking back.  Don't get me wrong, I am totally in love with the girl I am now just wish I could get some good exercise in to lose some weight.  Michelle was able to say just the right thing to make me feel pretty.

I think I have found BOTH of the dresses I need.  I only bought one, the cocktail dress for Friday night's platform speeches.  But I put the other one (the evening gown) on hold.  I just want to check a couple more places to be sure it's THE ONE.

Now it's time to look for shoes and jewelry.  I can't wait!!  If shopping is always a part of prepping for a pageant, count me in!!

Sorry, no sneak pictures.  You will have to check back on July 19 and 20 for pictures.  

No comments:

Post a Comment