Tuesday, August 6, 2013

THE ONE Two Pink Lines (Part Four)

THE ONE
Two Pink Lines
(Part Four)

Having a miscarriage made us both realize just how badly we wanted to have a family. 

We moved forward with a closer bond because we were both now well aware that life could change in the blink of an eye. 

Jeremy and I wanted a baby now more than ever. We knew we would start trying as soon as the doctor said it was okay and that was pretty much immediately. 

Each month would leave me in tears when I would realize there was no need to take a pregnancy test.  Time seemed to drag on.  Jeremy was still so supportive and would always remind me that trying to get pregnant was the fun part. 

Finally, 5 1/2 months later I was pregnant. It was the moment we had been waiting for. 

We both were excited but it was a muted excitement this time. The miscarriage was still so very fresh. 
Not only that but there was so much going on in our lives. My Mawmaw, the heart and soul of our family,  had just passed away. We were in the process of building our new house.  Unexpectedly, Jeremy had to have his gall bladder removed. Needless to say it was a very stressful time for us. 

I discovered I was pregnant when I was maybe three weeks along, just a few days before my 30th birthday.  The pregnancy was top secret in the beginning because neither one if us could stand the thought of another public miscarriage. 

Jeremy and I both held our breath until each doctors appointment was over.  My OB/GYN is one absolutely amazing man; he was so good to us. Dr. Adams and his staff knew Jeremy and I were still very fragile.   They took extra time to answer all of our questions and at most visits we would get an ultrasound.  This really helped solidify, for both of us, that everything was okay with the baby.

Our first appointment was at 5 weeks on March 3, 2011.  To hear the heartbeat of your unborn child is an indescribable experience.

March 17, 2011 was our 7 week appointment.  Everything still looked wonderful.  Jeremy and I were still fearful of the worst.  
March 31, 2011, 9 weeks.  Did I mention my OB/GYN was awesome?!?!
On April 13, 2011 at 11 weeks and 5 days, Jeremy and I went for our first high risk appointment.  We were both a ball full of nerves.  It was like returning to the scene of the crime.  There were so many bad memories from last year.  
We left with beautiful pictures of our little miracle.  Jeremy and I were finally able to relax a little.  We made it through the first trimester.  

And we thought our little alien was the CUTEST thing EVER!!!

2 comments: