Monday, August 12, 2013

THE ONE Baby Shower (Part Six)

We had registered for our Baby Princess and were excited about our baby shower.  We decided to have it a little earlier than normal because we weren't sure when she was coming.  It was still up in the air with all the high risk doctors if they would induce me early or not.  Plus I would need help getting everything put away.

My mom and sister planned a baby shower fit for a Princess (Katie Middleton should really take notes).  Jeremy and I still had not coming to an agreement on a name so our little miracle was referred to as Baby Princess.

The baby shower was the evening of Saturday, August 20, 2011.   As Jeremy and I entered the Eagle Bluff Clubhouse, I thought it was the most beautiful sight ever!  There was pink princess stuff EVERYWHERE.  I think all the pink may have made Jeremy a little nausea, but the sooner he adjusted the better.  Our baby's favorite color was going to be pink, at least for the first few years anyway.


They went all out on the food too and had all my favorites.  Shrimp cocktail, pasta salad, chicken salad sandwiches, cheese ball, chips and dip, rice crispy treats, cake, and cupcakes.

I love games at a shower.  I know most people think they are cheesy, but I really like them!  Since we had a couple's baby shower Michelle thought the guys should enjoy some of the fun too.  Jeremy got to select two of his buddies to play a game with.  Derek and Brandon were thrilled to be included (insert sarcasm here).  

Each of the guys got a baby doll that they had to undress, change a diaper, redress, and swaddle.  After completely that task, they had to consume a beverage from a baby bottle.  It was a hoot to watch.  I'm glad they were such good sports.  :-)
I wasn't sure how we were going to get through the pile of presents.  There was a sea of pink on the gift table.  Each person would come up as we opened their gift.  That was a wonderful way to get to speak to everyone.  Sometimes at a shower you don't get a chance to talk to everyone and thank them for coming.  



There were many sentimental gifts.  I had a green ice cream blanket when I was little.  For years I spelt with this blanket every night.  It traveled all across the country with me.  I just retired it a few years ago because it's so thin now.  My aunt Cheryl made Baby Princess her very own ice cream blanket.  Her and Uncle Fred couldn't make it to the shower but they made sure the blanket was there.  
My mom kept a lot of things from my childhood.  I couldn't wait to see what items of mine she would give to my baby.  Baby Princess got my pink shirt from the hospital and a couple of my dresses.  Even though they weren't all pink, I couldn't wait for her to get her so she could wear something I wore as a baby.  How cool is that?  My mom is so special!!
Jeremy, Baby Princess, and I are beyond blessed to have the love and support from our family and friends.  Our baby shower was truly a night to remember.  I want thank my mom and my sister again for such a special evening.  Everything was perfect and pretty in pink!!

1 comment:

  1. A Shower Wheelchair is similar to a conventional wheelchair but differs in that it has been specially-designed to assist a patient in using the shower or the toilet. These are appropriate for persons who cannot stand for the time it takes to shower. This wheelchair is as a multi-purpose commode chair that assists the user to perform a number of functions tirelessly. Its main function is mobility, helping the individual move about. Secondly, the chair can act as a shower chair and thirdly, and equally important, it may function as a toilet seat. This ensures that the individual does not have to exert him- or herself to move from the chair in order to use the toilet.

    ReplyDelete