Wednesday, July 31, 2013

THE ONE True Love (Part One)

The One 


 Single people often ask married couples the question. You know the one. "How did you know?" 

 If you have never been asked that question you may respond with, "How did I know what?".

 "How did you know he(she)was the one?" 

 I am guilty of giving the generic answer of, "You just know".  

     Over the next couple of days, I want to expand on my answer of, "You just know" by sharing my love story with you.  

     Today is my husband Jeremy birthday.  I try to always tell him how much I love him and what he means to me.  I'm sure I don't always do the best job of that.  Hopefully, reliving our love story will show him (and you) just exactly how much I love him and how much he means to me.












Happy Birthday Jeremy!!  I love you to pieces!!

         Jeremy and I knew each other for several years before we started dating. He was one of the 'best guy friends' I had. We shared our secrets and problems with one another.  Jeremy worked out of town a lot and some nights we would talk on the phone until the wee hours of the morning. Most of the time it was just chatting and laughing but there were many times we would help each other with issues we were having with our significance others.  

      I thought of Jeremy as my brother. He would relentlessly pick on me, but would stand up for me in a heart beat. We could laugh together and cry together. There were never any expectations or pressures that came with our relationship. We were just the best of friends.

        During the summer of 2004, all that changed. There had been speculations and accusations made that there was something more to our relationship. We both laughed it off because we knew that was the furthest thing from the truth.  

      Everyone thought that we were a couple. People insisted that we had to be because we spent so much time together. There was no way we could 'just be friends'.  

      We began to talk about all the rumors and wondered of maybe we could be more than friends. Everyone else thought so, maybe we were missing something.  

      That summer our friendship blossomed into the best relationship I have ever experienced. We sat on the back porch and talked about everything under the sun and the stars. At times we sat in silence because we didn't even need words. We thought we already knew so much about each other but in a few short months we learned so much more.  

      Jeremy even started talking about marriage. For me, marriage was the furthest thing from my brain because I had been in a couple of super serious relationships and I didn't think I was ready to go back down that road just yet. I was content just seeing where the future took us.

      As days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months, I discovered that Jeremy was a part of me. I didn't want to be without him. I knew he was the one; for sure, without a doubt, the one. 














2 comments: